Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] IP Data checksum

From: Sada Mita <sada_mita@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 02:09:47 +0100 (BST)
Hello,

I'm seeing that VRRPv6 checksum is incorrect.
Is this because of sniffer tool(ethreal 0.10.11 for linux)?  Or problem at VRRPv6 of sender ?

I just couldn't find any info how the checksum calculation for non-TCP packets  is handled by ethereal.  I mean I know that ethereal can set enable/disable for TCP checksum calcuation.

Any information would be appreciated!!

Sam