Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] packet details format

From: "Angel de Juan" <aldjcurro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 06:34:22 +0000
Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to display the packet details in an expecific format. This is because I have some paquets with a long bit string that are displayed as hex but I prefer to watch them in binary, because every bit has his own meaning.

Frame 108 (259 bytes on wire, 259 bytes captured)
IEEE 802.3 Ethernet
Logical-Link Control
ISO 8473 CLNP ConnectionLess Network Protocol
ISO 8073 COTP Connection-Oriented Transport Protocol
ISO 8327-1 OSI Session Protocol
ISO 8327-1 OSI Session Protocol
ISO 8823 OSI Presentation Protocol
MMS
   unconfirmed-PDU
       unconfirmedService: informationReport (0)
           informationReport
               variableAccessSpecification: listOfVariable (0)
                   listOfVariable: 1 item
                       Item
                           variableSpecification: name (0)
                               name: vmd-specific (0)
                                   vmd-specific: S_BIN_MESSAGE
               listOfAccessResult: 1 item
                   Item: success (1)
                       success: structure (2)
                           structure: 7 items
                               Item: unsigned (6)
                                   unsigned: 1
                               Item: unsigned (6)
                                   unsigned: 26
                               Item: visible-string (10)
                                   visible-string: 49IUZ00_US02
                               Item: unsigned (6)
                                   unsigned: 32
                               Item: unsigned (6)
                                   unsigned: 4
                               Item: bit-string (4)
                                   Padding: 0
--------------------> bit-string: 7E00611B0600FFFFF0FF0000000000000000000004080884...
                               Item: bit-string (4)
                                   Padding: 0
       -------------------->     bit-string: 0000000000000000

Those are the bit strings that I want to display in binary.

thanks for your help.

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Correos m�s divertidos con fotos y textos incre�bles en MSN Premium. Desc�rgalo y pru�balo 2 meses gratis. http://join.msn.com?XAPID=1697&DI=1055&HL=Footer_mailsenviados_correosmasdivertidos