Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] (no subject)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:28:42 -0700
Reijntjes, Danny wrote:

I tried to download at your website (_www.ethereal.com_ <file://www.ethereal.com>)

That's not our website - that's the website for the software that has the "Ethereal" trademark. The trademark didn't belong to Gerald Combs, it belonged to the company he worked for, and when he went to work for a different company, they weren't willing to give up the trademark, so the project was renamed to Wireshark.

Thus:

the download ethereal 0.10.12.

there is no Ethereal 0.10.12; there is a Wireshark 0.99.2, which is available from our website:

	http://www.wireshark.org/

in the "Download" section.