Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Differing Timestamps Between Netasyst & Wireshark

From: "Keith French" <keithfrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:05:04 +0100
I have a trace taken on a machine running the Network General sniffer Netasyst. If I then open the trace in Netasyst on my laptop the timestamps match that of some Cisco Call Manager QRT logs. If I then open the same trace in Wireshark, the timestamps are wildly inaccurate.

I know there was some problems with Sniffer timestamps before, but I thought this was a difference of around 6 seconds or so and was fixed.

In this case the first packet in the trace opened in Netasyst shows it as 31/07/2006 at 14:10:38, whilst the same packet in Wireshark is 31/07/2006 at 22:16:45:500826.

I am running WindowsXP Pro (SP2) with
Netasyst LX Version 1.0.003
Wireshark Development Release 0.99.3-SYN-18807.

Any ideas?

Keith French.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.