Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Printing, saving wireshark graphs

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:44:38 -0700
Andrew Schweitzer wrote:
Guy Harris wrote:

Maybe pdf or html?

HTML isn't a graphic format, so presumably that'd be HTML with inline GIFs or PNGs - or, alternatively, inline SVGs.

I.e., Tshark taps to do graphs?
sorry, "taps"? Maybe that's some tshark think I haven't figured out yet?

It's a Wireshark-and-Tshark thing for developers, rather than users. It's the mechanism atop which most of the stats are implemented.

I've used tshark to dump stats to console and piped that to a file, and that works reasonably well for graphing. Is that what you mean?

I used:
"tshark -r SomeFile.cap -z io,stats,10 -q > SomeFileStats.txt 2>&1"

That's not a graph (modulo analytic geometry, as per , so presumably you'd feed that file to some other program to produce a graph.

An option to the io,stat statistic to write out its data in CSV/TSV format might be useful there.