Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing ASP web traffic

From: "John Turpin" <jturpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:20:31 -0500
We run .asp apps on IIS web servers, with different sites on the same IP address.  We would like to be able to tell how much bandwidth each site uses.  (we have about 300) Since the pages are .aspx and a dynamically compiled and share the same IP address it is hard to split them up.

I have the following setup:

(firewall) -----(TAP)---------(Switch)-----------(IIS Server)

                  (wireshark)

How can I tell from the TCP/IP packets (capture) what files and pages come from what site and how large they are to determine bandwith usage from 5 minute samples of data in wireshark?

John Turpin
Senior Network Administrator
iModules
7201 W. 129th St.