Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Using tethereal with multiple files

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:08:35 +0800

Jee Kay wrote:
On 20/07/06, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd suggest getting Wireshark 0.99.2 (recently released).

Spot on :) Thanks.

No problem.  :-)

I don't suppose you know how to make tshark stop setting the output
files to mode 600? My umask is set to 0022 but tshark seems to be
ignoring umask in favour of its own preference.

IIRC your umask is overwritten on purpose so I don't think there's a way to stop it. LEGO mentioned a "workaround" once before:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200602/msg00231.html