Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Help With Packet Identification

From: HBooGz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:37:34 -0400
I am relatively new to ethereal/wireshark and need a step in the right direction.

I have an avaya IP phone connected to a 3com 5500g-EI switchport. The port is configured to be a hybrid port and is a Tagged member of vlan 3 (Voice) and an Untagged member of vlan 1 ( Native vlan)

I have a laptop connected to the the avaya's built-in switch.

I want to use ethereal to sniff the phone and data traffic and make sure that the data is being passeed though untagged on vlan1 and the voice is tagged and is associating with vlan 3

how can i accomplish this ?

Thanks,

--
HBooGz:\>