Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Using Wireshark to capture signal strength and data rate f

From: "Soh Kam Yung" <sohkamyung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:45:29 +0800
On 7/1/06, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
OSes: sufficiently recent versions of Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
or DragonFlyBSD.  *NOT* Windows.

Drivers: most of the drivers for the BSDs listed on the Wiki page should
support it in sufficiently recent versions of the OS.  The Cisco Aironet
drivers on the BSDs don't.  I don't know what all of the Linux drivers
do, but I think the Aironet drivers don't and the Atheros and Prism
drivers do.

Thanks for the replies.  I will investigate using wireshark and
various wlan cards under linux and BSD and see what happens.

Regards,
Kam-Yung
--
Soh Kam Yung