Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture machine spec?

From: "Xiaoguang Liu" <syslxg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:04:21 +0800
I am using a P4 3.0G with 2G Mem. when I open a 500MB trace, it take 3-5 minutes to apply a display filter.

On 6/19/06, David Meagher <dmeagher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I've been tasked with spec'ing a capture analysis machine.
It will be used to do analysis of multiple 500mb capture's.

Can some one suggest a spec for a desktop pc to view these on?
Is ram more of an issue than CPU, or perhaps a sata/raid storage?

My laptop (1.6ghz pentium M with 512mb) is just toooo sloooooooooow.

Thanks,
David

--
The famous philosopher Rene Descartes walked into a bar.
"Can I get you a drink?", the barman asked.