Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] can't build wireshark on OpenBSD

From: Randall <randalla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 03:57:11 -0500
Howdy!  I can't get Wireshark 0.99.1pre1 to compile on OpenBSD 3.9.

Here's the summary from "./configure"
The Wireshark package has been configured with the following options.
                   Build wireshark : yes
                      Build tshark : yes
                    Build capinfos : yes
                     Build editcap : yes
                     Build dumpcap : yes
                    Build mergecap : yes
                   Build text2pcap : yes
                     Build idl2wrs : yes
                     Build randpkt : yes
                      Build dftest : yes

                    Install setuid : no
                       Use plugins : yes
                  Build lua plugin : no
               Use GTK+ v2 library : yes
                      Use threads : no
           Build profile binaries : no
                 Use pcap library : yes
                 Use zlib library : yes
                 Use pcre library : no
             Use kerberos library : no
             Use GNU ADNS library : no
           Use SSL crypto library : no
         Use IPv6 name resolution : yes
    Use UCD SNMP/Net-SNMP library : no
               Use gnutls library : no

And here's the output from "make"
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwiretap
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/randall/wireshark-0.99.1pre1 (line 1444 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/randall/wireshark-0.99.1pre1 (line 1768 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/randall/wireshark-0.99.1pre1 (line 1335 of Makefile).

And "gmake" said this:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwiretap
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [wireshark] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/randall/wireshark-0.99.1pre1'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/randall/wireshark-0.99.1pre1'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I'm using everything that comes bundled with OpenBSD 3.9:
"gcc -v" shows:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-unknown-openbsd3.9/3.3.5/specs
Configured with:
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.3.5 (propolice)

"gmake -v" shows: