Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Syncthing protocol dissector

From: Tmore1 <tmore1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 14:52:50 -0500
Hi,

Thank you. I understand that only C dissectors are distributed with
Wireshark - in my message, I asked whether the project would be
interested in my reimplementing it in C.

The Syncthing protocols are a mixture of protobufs and ordinary fields.
I assumed that the way to write such a dissector is by writing a
protocol specific dissector, and then calling the protobuf dissector
with a subset of the tvb. That's what I did in Lua, and that's what I
suppose I would do in C. Is this the right approach?