Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to test legacy (glib-compat) code

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 09:53:43 -0700
The oldest version of GLib that we build with is 2.56.1 on the CentOS 7 builder:

CentOS 7       2.56.1
CentOS 8       2.56.4
Debian         2.66.8
Fedora         2.68.4
macOS ARM      2.68.4
macOS Intel    2.58.3
openSUSE 15.2  2.62.6
Ubuntu         2.64.6
Win32          2.66.4
Win64          2.66.4

Is there any reason we shouldn't increase the minimum GLib version to 2.56 in the master and 3.6 branches? That would mean that we no longer support RHEL 6, but it's currently in "extended life cycle support": https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata