Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Display filter field variables

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 16:09:13 +0100
Hi,

The GUI display filter has an interesting but little-known (?) feature to replace field values for the selected frame with the syntax ${<field>}, which I only learned about in bug #15504, and confused me at first. This all happens before the expression is compiled and is different from display filter macros.

Does anyone know more about this? And where it is implemented in the GUI code?