Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Filtering USB HID fields

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 13:36:56 +0200
On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 2:13 PM João Valverde via Wireshark-dev
<wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > A completely different approach
> > would be to have generic hf and make the filter value somehow encode
> > usage page, id and value (if any).
>
> How about having an fvalue type FVALUE_USB_HID and a display filter
> function that also returns FVALUE_USB_HID given some input parameters,
> like page and id, or whatever else??

I thought about FT_USB_HID, but I don't quite see how to initialize
it. Currently all ftypes require only actual data (tvb, offset, length
and encoding) but in this case the dissector would have to provide the
HID page and id in addition to the actual data.