Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Missing User Guide

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:18:54 -0700
On 7/15/21 9:57 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 16:28, WQ <wquatan@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wquatan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I just downloaded the latest 3.4.7 Wireshark release and noticed that the "*user-guide.chm* version 3.5.0" is missing in the download area !
    Could this be made available again ?
    A *.chm is much easier to navigate then the *.pdf !

It's gone, see https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/3213 <https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/3213>

I also miss the chm.

Would an EPUB version be a sufficent replacement? I created one using asciidoctor-epub3, and can open it in both Apple Books on my Mac and Okular on Windows just fine. Okular's UI looks and works better than HTML Help on my HiDPI display, IMO.