Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RTP-MIDI strange field masks?

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 20:46:02 +0200
On Thursday, July 8, 2021, Martin Mathieson via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
These mask fields (0x7f7f, 0x7f7f7f7f, etc) look wrong to me, but I am worried I might be missing something?

Seems perfectly fine to me. This dates back to MIDI over serial line where the most significant bit indicates realtime event. Realtime events can appear anytime on the serial line. Normal communication, including system exclusive messages, always have most significant bit cleared.