Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Having trouble cloning repo in a new VM

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 10:29:29 -0700
Is your VM host running VMware? I just ran across this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52415943/trying-to-git-clone-via-ssh-but-getting-broken-pipe-error

which mentions that adjusting ServerAliveInterval and IPQoS in your ~/.ssh/config might help.

The issue that Jim mentions below was due to netfilter triggering RSTs on delayed or out of order packets. That might be the issue here as well, but that would be something for GitLab to fix:

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/gl-infra/infrastructure/-/issues/4849#note_587084318