Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Having trouble cloning repo in a new VM

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 12:08:50 +0100
I am trying to set up a Wireshark dev env on a new machine/Ubuntu VM.  Have generated new keys and added them to my account.  It appears to accept my credentials.

However, when I try to clone it starts to go through the stages (i.e. counting/compressing/ receiving objects/resolving objects) I am told 'Connection to gitlab.com closed by remote host', and nothing is written to my wireshark folder (besides an empty git repo).

Running under 'time', it gave up after 6m15.  Googling this issue, others have reported a 10-minute timeout. I have plenty of disk space left.

Any ideas?
Martin