Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Status label for issues

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 00:06:29 -0700
On Apr 26, 2021, at 11:43 PM, Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have no strong feelings about the os::* labels. We can reduce them to os::mac, os::windows, os::linux, os::unix.

So does "unix" mean:

	1) has some possibly very-remote code base connection to some UNIX that AT&T put out;

	2) is eligible to use the UNIX(R) trademark;

	3) other?

If it's 1), then I *guess* Linux is the only UN*X that doesn't fit into that category, although macOS, being a 4.4-Lite derivative, would fit into that category as well.

If it's 2), then 1) the *BSDs don't count and 2) at least one Linux distribution *does* count (EulerOS).

Perhaps the labels should be

	os:windows
	os:macos
	os:linux
	os:other-unix

("unix" meaning "Un*X", and "other" meaning "neither macOS nor Linux").  "os:other" might be enough.