Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Status label for issues

From: Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:29:31 +0200
Hi everyone,

For issues (especially bugs) I really miss the status field which was available with Bugzilla.

Therefore I would like to create these scoped labels [1]:

ws-status::unconfirmed => This bug has recently been added to the issue tracker. Nobody has confirmed that this bug is
valid.
ws-status::confirmed => This bug is valid.
ws-status::in-progress => This bug is not yet resolved, but is assigned to the proper person who is working on the bug.
ws-status::invalid => The problem described is not a bug or not our bug.
ws-status::wontfix => The problem described is a bug which will never be fixed.
ws-status::fixed => A fix for this bug is checked into master branch.
ws-status::duplicate => The problem is a duplicate of an existing issue.

Scoped labels are mutually exclusive.

Setting the label requires manual interaction. So yes, this label won't reflect the real state when the issue is closed
automatically (for example when a MR referencing this issue is merged or when the issue is marked as an duplicate).

Furthermore a normal user is not allowed to set labels at the moment. Having the label in the issue template won't add
the label when opening an issue.

Maybe we need another bot (like triage-ops [2]) to set labels automatically.
Does anyone have experience with triage-ops bot (or any other bot managing issues) and Gitlab and can share some insides?

Any objections? Comments are very welcome.

Cheers
Uli

[1]: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/labels.html#workflows-with-scoped-labels
[2]: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/quality/triage-ops