Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark not dissecting ONC RPC on a different port in build 3.

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 15:48:17 -0700
Hi folks,

I am seeing a weird problem.

I grabbed a capture today from a CentOS 7.6-based system that contains
some SMB2 traffic and some NFS traffic (on a non-standard port).

Wireshark 3.4.4 on Windows will not dissect the RPC packets and thus
the NFS packets. However, it will dissect a similar capture I took on
a different build of the CentOS 7.6-based system. Our internal build
of Wireshark also seems to have problems with that capture, but it is
based on 2.6 or so.

However, the latest master build has no problems with the capture and
dissects the RPC and thus the NFS fine, at least on a Fedora 31
system.

Has anyone seen this before?

I am currently building 3.4.4 on Fedora to see if the problem is
across more than one build of 3.4.4,

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe