Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] (1) building Wireshark in build.wireshark fails, (2) how to

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 10:03:03 +0100
Wireshark is a complicated project to build.  You can follow the tested way, as shown in the Developers Guide, which is essentially what our Continuous Integration (CI) systems use and most other developers, or you can forge your own path on less travelled routes strewn with rocks, rusty nails and broken glass that you mostly have to deal with on your own.

Unless you have some inescapable need to do things in a different way, it's easier and more productive to follow the herd.