Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Adding GPS data from Kismet as Expert Info?

From: Erik Hjelmvik <erik.hjelmvik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 11:13:47 +0200
Hi all,

I have discovered that Kismet can generate pcap-ng files that contain GPS coordinates stored in custom option fields. I've started thinking about how this GPS data can be represented in Wireshark or tshark. The GPS options are attached to standard Enhanced Packet Blocks, so they could be considered as meta-data for a frame. Would it make sense to show the lat/long coordinates from the Kismet GPS option as Expert Info (_ws.expert)? Or do you have a better suggestion of how to display this data?

For reference, here is the definition of the custom Kismet GPS option:

Best regards,
Erik Hjelmvik