Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Improvments for NVMeOF dissector

From: "Constantine Gavrilov" <CONSTG@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 22:13:56 +0200
Pascal:

Thank you for taking your time to reply and also to review my merge request. I appreciate it.

I also appreciate that you have expressed the view that it is a shame, if MR is closed.

Several clarifications:
  1. I have not assumed I am busier than core developers, I have just said I am more busy than most people.
  2. I think it is a reasonable expectation that if a person picks up the MR and requests changes, they will follow on the changes. It bothered me that people requested changes but did not have time to review them, or even explicitly said that they will not. That has contributed to my feeling of time being wasted.
  3. I have not tried to be aggressive in merging the request. That was not the point -- the point was trying to get a clear indication if the change is considered and will be reviewed. I am fine if the project does not want the changes. I have explained that I am very busy. I need to proceed with the changes for my work needs, and I had to know whether I shall continue to contribute or just proceed locally.

Constantine Gavrilov
Storage Architect
Master Inventor
Tel-Aviv Storage Lab IDT Lead