Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Unit testing dissector code

From: Martin Nyhus <martin.nyhus@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 20:40:50 +0100
Hi,
since the happy-shark discussion died out I've been looking at other
ways of adding test coverage for some bug fixes I've been preparing to
push, and right now the idea is to add a new unit test suite based on
wmem_test for dissector code. I think this should solve the concern that
was mentioned about build/CI runtime, but I'm not sure how people feel
about the effect on the source tarballs and the repository.

My attempt at implementing this is merge request 2250 [0], and I've got
some more tests I'd like to add on a branch in my own fork [1].

I'd like to hear what people think about this approach to testing
dissector code.

- Martin

[0] https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/2250
[1]