Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Submitting Replacement Code

From: Paul Offord <paul.offord58@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 20:28:48 +0000
Thanks Pascal

Sent from my iPad

On 10 Feb 2021, at 17:40, Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Le mer. 10 févr. 2021 à 18:37, Paul Offord <paul.offord58@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi,

I need some GitLab guidance.  The procedure for submitting code is:
  • Commit code changes to the local copy of my personal Wireshark repo
  • Push the changes to my upstream personal repo
  • Press the "Create merge request" button
Let's imagine that my code fails in the pipeline tests (mine often does :-( ).  Should I close the original merge request or does my later push of revised code simply reactivate the original Merge request?

As explained in https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/Development/SubmittingPatches, you can amend your change and do a 'git push downstream +HEAD' to force an update of your branch. This will automatically update the associated MR.

Best regards,
Pascal.