Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] warning: unused parameter

From: Paul Offord <paul.offord58@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 18:58:26 +0000
I submitted some code to GitLab for merging and I got a couple of warnings from the pipeline that builds in the Ubuntu environment:

../sharkd_daemon.c:361:17: warning: unused parameter 'argc' [-Wunused-parameter]
sharkd_loop(int argc, char* argv[])
                ^
../sharkd_daemon.c:361:29: warning: unused parameter 'argv' [-Wunused-parameter]
sharkd_loop(int argc, char* argv[])
                            ^
It's true that argc and argv are not used in a *NIX build but are used in a Windows build.

What's the correct way to handle this?  Should I:
  • Ignore the warnings?
  • Add conditional compile statements for the sharkd_loop function declaration and all calls to it?
  • Add something to the *NIX version of the code to use the parameters?

Thanks and regards...Paul
--

Paul Offord