Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Revive the happy-shark repository?

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 00:31:02 +0100
Hi,

Happy-shark was an attempt at a stricter regression test that catches
output changes. By design however it would be very much affected by the
tiniest changes in dissector output. The original plan was to have a
very rich repository of sample traces, but that clearly has not
happened.

I would vote for not moving those generic capture files in the main
repo, otherwise source tarballs can grow even bigger. For reassembly
cases, ideally a small, specialized case can be included in the
Wireshark repo.

What about keeping the repo on GitHub without migrating it to GitLab? It
is unfortunately not maintained, but if someone would pick it up, we can
reconsider moving it to GitLab.
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu