Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector functions and variables that could be static

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:27:28 +0000
Hi João,

I agree that every function / variable needs to be looked at carefully, but more so if they have WS_DLL_PUBLIC in a header file.

I will reinstate the XML functions in my change.  Hopefully, in other places I will find clear comments saying that they are provided for calling from private code or plugins, etc.

The few occasions I've added to debian/libwireshark0.symbols have been to unbreak the pipeline when linking between dissectors and GUI code.  My pdcp key-setting functions don't even appear there, but I don't build Windows plugins.

Martin