Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector functions and variables that could be static

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 19:59:21 +0000
I have done a bit more on this - I started picking off the ones at the end of the (alphabetical) list - 2nd one is https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/1817. Please feel free if anyone feels motivated to tackle some of the earlier ones.  The script is much tidier now, and also checks for references from the ui folder (this removed around 20 from the list), will take another pass through it before creating an MR with it.

Sometimes I see that header files are being used as a way to untangle the order or functions, but just doing some static forward-declarations at the top of the C module would be better if they are not shared.  I am leery of deleting functions that are not being called, but if they've been that way for years they probably don't matter.

Martin