Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin dissector - lookup expert_field_info

Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 15:06:07 -0600

I want to wrap expert_add_info calls so that I can check the expert_field* argument, see if the severity is PI_ERROR, and set a generated field in my protocol that says “this packet has errors”.

The EXPERT_REGISTRAR_GET_NTH macro would be great, but the underlying gpa_expertinfo isn’t available to plugin dissectors. Is there some way to start with the expert_field* and get to the expert_field_info* ?

Thank you,

Jay Turner