Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to disable controls in dialog when capture file is closi

From: Jim Young <jim.young.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 19:57:11 -0500
Hello Jirka,

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 5:35 PM Jirka Novak <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there anyone who remembers why framework was changed to current state?

The following two commits might give some insight:

commit d5d815189d98745e3b33a6caadd4c2dc5648a114
>From Fri Dec 22 13:58:02 2017 +0100
>     Qt: Redesign signal/slot concept of capture_file
>
>    This is in preparation to make it easier for other classes
>    to get the right signals from the capture file. Also the decision
>    on what signals to listen to now resides with the final classes,
>    not main window, and it no longer needs to be changed if the
>    statusbar or wsapp needs additional signals.

And this specific followup:

commit 777acc73daaaca7bfe040354a6bacbc905329e45
>From Tue Dec 26 19:42:08 2017 -0500
>    Apply new CaptureEvents to statistics dialogs.
>
>    Refactoring from If366d42b07dc822636404ac44ba2306ec4418b4e ignored
>    dialogs outside of the main window.  Searched for removed signals
>    from CaptureFile class and applied new CaptureEvent handling.

I've identified these commits while trying to determine what particular patch
introduced the following warning messages:

> 19:37:55.173     Main Warn QObject::connect: No such signal CaptureFile::captureFileClosing() in ../ui/qt/rtp_analysis_dialog.cpp:379
> 19:37:55.173     Main Warn QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'RtpAnalysisDialog')

These two messages currently appear in the Wireshark's console whenever the
RTP Stream Analysis dialog is opened.  These are two of several messages that
first appeared as a result of the refactoring introduced with
d5d815189d.  All but
these two messages were subsequently resolved with the refactoring
from 777acc73da.

Hope you find this useful.

Jim Young