Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Setcap in ubuntu 20.04

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 21:20:40 +0100
Hi
I got a new laptop and I took the chance to upgrade my OS. Now I have Ubuntu 20.04. Today I had an unexpected behavior. After compilation, I issued the setcap command, but then I got:

$ sudo setcap cap_net_raw,cap_net_admin=eip run/dumpcap
$ ./run/dumpcap -D
./run/dumpcap: error while loading shared libraries: libwsutil.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Removing the capabilities gave my dumpcap back.

$ sudo setcap -r run/dumpcap
$ ./run/dumpcap -D
1. wlp59s0
2. nlmon0
3. lo (Loopback)
[...]

I'm still trying to figure out if I made other configurations before, but I can't recall anything useful.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dario.
--