Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Assigned reviewers

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 09:37:48 +0100
Hi Jonathan,

Le mer. 6 janv. 2021 à 05:39, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi wiresharks,

Context: https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/1313#note_478706594

In Gerrit times, a person could add someone as a reviewer to a change
to request review, the reviewer could remove themselves if they were
unavailable, and so on.  What is the equivalent in the GitLab world?
More concretely:

- when a change is ready to review, how do I say so?

All opened threads are resolved and the submitter can add a comment to ping us. A reviewer can be explicitly added in the right column of the Gitlab GUI

- if a review seems to be stalled, what's the best place to poke?

Writing a comment in the MR; we are almost all volunteers doing this on our spare time so sometimes real life collides and a given change can get out of the radar

- if I would like to review a change, how should I signal interest?

Everybody is free to put comments in a MR

- what happens when a change has been approved and it is time to merge
  it?  Where can I read about the bot that does that?

One of the core developer approves the change and schedules it for merge

Best regards,
Pascal.

I checked docbook/wsdg_src/WSDG_chapter_sources.adoc[1] as a first
guess of where to find these answers and didn't get a clear sense of
things.  I'll be happy to contribute a summary of what I learn there.

Thanks for your kind help in reviews while we've been guessing. :)

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcContribute.html