Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tpdu_data missing in gtp packet

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 10:26:05 +0100
Hi,

Le ven. 25 déc. 2020 à 06:02, Ranjeet kumar singh <ranjeetsih@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
it is present in 3.25 and missing in 3.4.2.

Please see attached images. in one this field is present and in other
it's missing.

I have not made any setting changes. Just installed released wireshark
and opened a captured file with gtp packet.

I cannot reproduce your issue: by setting the "Dissect T-PDU as None" GTP preference, I do get the T-PDU data payload displayed with 3.4.2. If I let the default value (TPDU Heuristic) it properly identifies the payload as IP.
So it could be related to your GTP-U PDU where the heuristic fails for example. Please check the behavior if you sendure to set the preference to None and share the packet if it still fails.

Best regards.

Regards
Ranjeet S