Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display of UTF-8 Characters

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 15:32:35 -0800
On Dec 12, 2020, at 3:26 PM, <jayrturner99@xxxxxxxxx> <jayrturner99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed in the Developer’s Guide that there was a shift to GitLab from Git.

To GitLab from our own Git repository (and Gerrit code review mechanism) - it's still Git, as per the "Git" in "GitLab".

> I cloned from Git months back. Perhaps I’m getting a strange old version.

You're getting the state of the repository as of when the last commit to our own repository was made, which was before the 3.4.0 release, so, yes, you're getting an old version.

> I’ll download a fresh version from GitLab, apply my work, and retest.

That should help.