Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display of UTF-8 Characters

Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 17:26:42 -0600

The "About Box" specified 3.3.0. I finally found that CMakeLists.txt has the following:

# CMakeLists.txt

#

# Wireshark - Network traffic analyzer

# By Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

# Copyright 1998 Gerald Combs

#

# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0-or-later

#

if(WIN32)

       # Needed for add_custom_command() WORKING_DIRECTORY generator expressions

       cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)

else()

       cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5)

endif()

if(POLICY CMP0069)

       cmake_policy(SET CMP0069 NEW)

endif()

if(POLICY CMP0074)

       cmake_policy(SET CMP0074 NEW)

endif()

if(POLICY CMP0083)

       cmake_policy(SET CMP0083 NEW)

endif()

if(WIN32)

       set(_project_name Wireshark)

else()

       set(_project_name wireshark)

endif()

project(${_project_name} C CXX)

# Updated by tools/make-version.pl

set(GIT_REVISION 0)

set(PROJECT_MAJOR_VERSION 3)

set(PROJECT_MINOR_VERSION 3)

set(PROJECT_PATCH_VERSION 0)

set(PROJECT_BUILD_VERSION ${GIT_REVISION})

set(PROJECT_VERSION_EXTENSION "")

:

:

But I didn't update CMakeLists.txt (only CMakeListsCustom.txt, and it has no version changes, just editor configuration), and git status doesn't say it is changed.

Yes, it is proto_tree_add_string(). I was in a rush, apologies.

I did "git pull --rebase --autostash" and the notes indicate I was probably at 2.6 and have updated to 3.2.6.

I then regenerated (cmake -G ...) and rebuilt (msbuild ...). I got 14 warnings about Qt (a separate issue I'll explore), but it built.

I reran and it still says version 3.3.0 (probably due to CMakeLists.txt). And Check for Updates says there is a 3.4.1 version of Wireshark to download.

And the display is still showing UTF-8 correctly for col_append_lstr(), and incorrectly for proto_tree_add_string().

I noticed in the Developer’s Guide that there was a shift to GitLab from Git. I cloned from Git months back. Perhaps I’m getting a strange old version.

I’ll download a fresh version from GitLab, apply my work, and retest.