Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] C++ help - call QLabel::setText for ElidedLabel

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 19:43:18 -0600
The italic text in a path label at the bottom of a UAT editor gets clipped.

The easy fix is to add a " " space to the text but because it's underlined, the space at end shows up as an underline. I have tried the fix mentioned (setMargin) mentioned in the Qt bug - no luck.

Adding a space to the end after the HTML works but I don't want to change elided_label.cpp.

If I could call QLabel::setText on ui->pathLabel then I can replace the text with a " " appended.
Is there a way to do this?

thanks
chuckc

void ElidedLabel::setText(const QString &text)
{
    full_text_ = text;
    updateText();
}

        QString abs_path = gchar_free_to_qstring(uat_get_actual_filename(uat_, FALSE));
        ui->pathLabel->setText(abs_path);
        ui->pathLabel->setUrl(QUrl::fromLocalFile(abs_path).toString());
        ui->pathLabel->setToolTip(tr("Open ") + uat->filename);
        ui->pathLabel->setEnabled(true);