Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tshark closing unexpectedly due to failure reading from file

From: Alastair Scott <ads@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:07:06 -0800
Hi John,

Do you know where in the code base I could look for a potential remedy to this issue? I'm trying to find a place to add a delay to ensure the read does not come early.

Regards,

Alastair

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 6:15 PM John Sullivan <jsethdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[gitlab page updated with details]

On Friday, November 20, 2020, 12:15:11 AM, James Ko wrote:
> Why do we have the difference in read/write timing?

Umm, because you just would, unless the reader and writer end take
specific measures to avoid that, which they apparently don't. (Note
that it looks like they *do* take such measures at the *end* of the
capture, just not on the initial open.)

John
--
Dead stars still burn