Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tshark closing unexpectedly due to failure reading from file

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 03:11:27 -0800
On Nov 19, 2020, at 12:37 AM, James Ko <jck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> @Guy.  This is on ubuntu linux distribution.  I'm using Xubuntu 18.04LTS and I believe Alastair is on Ubuntu 16.04LTS.
> Assuming the buffer/page/disk cache is not doing the right thing

I would not make that assumption; as I said, "If this is on UN*X, that would be an issue only if your UN*X is really stupid about managing the buffer/page cache.  I know of no UN*Xes where that's the case.", and, as far as I know, Linux is not stupid about managing the buffer/page cache - I know of *no* UN*Xes that are that stupid about managing the buffer/page cache.