Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tshark closing unexpectedly due to failure reading from file

From: James Ko <jck@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 16:25:31 -0800
I've been helping Alastair debug this problem and this is as far as we got.
I can only think of a race condition between dumpcap completing the packet writing to the file and tshark being able to read the expected number of new packets.

I do see there is fflush() in capture_loop_write_pcapng_cb() before the capture_loop_wrote_one_packet() which actually increments the number of available packets.

Do we also need an fsync() here to ensure the data is written to the disk?

James