Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark 3.4.0 documentation on Windows

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 16:58:56 +0000

StrawberryPerl seems to work OK for me and I'd prefer to stick with it since that's what the buildbot uses.  But your recommendation is noted and it's good to keep this in mind in case just in case.

> Strawberry Perl gave me an error that I couldn't quite figure out, so I just tried
> ActivePerl.  It seemed to work so I didn't bother investigating further since
> using ActivePerl seemed to workaround the Windows build issue.
>
> I'm still floating on a Cygwin based tweak to the typical Windows build process
> for 3.2.7 since IT dept wouldn't "easily" allow Chocolatey for security reasons so
> my build environment isn't the usual kind.  I'll have to try 3.4.0 sometime this
> week and see how it goes.

Good luck!  Other than the documentation hiccup which is now resolved, moving from 3.2.x to 3.4.x was relatively painless.
- Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information. This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.