Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Managing Gitlab Issues

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 11:46:04 -0500
Public (non-core ?) users do not have access to add labels to an issue.
Can a template add labels when the issue is created?
Can there be a template for website corrections/updates?

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 6:08 AM Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm sorry I was unclear. I’m talking about the Status field of Bugzilla. Not Gerrit labels. With Bugzilla a new bug had
> (normally) the status ‚Unconfirmed‘ at the beginning. When someone was able to reproduce the issue the bug had the
> status ‚Confirmed‘. If something was missing (a capture file for example) the status was ‚Incomplete‘. When someone was
> working on a fix the status was ‚In Progress‘.
> This is currently missing with Gitlab Issues. There is only ‚Open‘ and ‚Closed‘.
>
> Therefore I suggest we use labels to mark the status of an issue.

I still prefer to have some status labels. However as there is no feedback it's seems I'm the only one. :-(

> With Bugzilla I (as a normal contributor) was able to set the status of a bug (not limited to my own created ones). Also
> I was able to correct the classification etc. At the moment I’m not able to do this with Gitlab issues. When we can have
> a new group to edit/label issues I’m totally fine.

I'm also not able to add a existing label (enhancement) to an issue created by myself. So it seems there is some setting
denying this.

>>     * It would make sense to have templates for issues [3]. Has anyone already prepared this? Otherwise I will create
>>     one and submit a MR?
>>

>> This would help for sure. Please submit a MR for that.
>
> Will do so.

Templates for FeatureRequest and Bug are active.