Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Trouble uploading Wireshark enhancement

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 09:58:59 -0500
It took a while but this was key for me:
"If you mirror your fork you only need the "downstream" remote."

Once that was working and I saw on mirror page
"This project is mirrored from https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark.git. Pull mirroring updated 25 minutes ago.
Successfully updated 25 minutes ago."
It was goodbye upstream.

Now I build the branch first on my Gitlab mirror then checkout on dev machine.

$ git status
On branch issue/16356
Your branch is up to date with 'downstream/issue/16356'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean
$

Note: it's taken me since the migration in August to get to this point.
:-)