Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Trouble uploading Wireshark enhancement

From: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 22:21:45 -0400
I've enhanced a Lua based dissector, and have also rewritten it
in 'C' so that it can be included in the next release of Wireshark.

Now I'm trying to submit it.  My last submission was back in 2007,
and things have changed a little since then.

I believe? the latest doc on how to submit changes are in:

After being a developer for 45 years, I never had to use git until now, so I'll
admit I don't know anything about git, and I'm trying to follow those instructions.

I got to the point of 'commit' and then 'git push downstream +HEAD'
and I get the error:

fatal: 'downstream' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.

What am I doing wrong?