Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Possible regression in Version 3.3.1 (v3.3.1-0-gd64aca7966e2)

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 15:54:44 -0700
Hi folks,

I got a report from a coworker that 'Apply as column' was not working correctly.

I showed the person how to right-click on a field in the details pane
and then select Apply as column.

However, what happened in their case was they got a column with no values in it.

When we went to Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Columns the column had
been defined but the type was not Custom and the Fields and Field
Occurrence values had not been filled in.

When he manually made them the same as what I have, it all worked.

I just tried deleting that definition on my 3.2.1 installation and
then re-adding it all worked correctly.

My colleague is using a Mac. Not sure if this is relevant.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe