Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Managing Gitlab Issues

From: Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 13:11:59 +0200
Hi list,

I’ve tried to update the instructions to report an issue (fka bug) in the wiki [1].

There are some things we need to sort out. (Maybe this has already been done on the core list.)

* Do we want to have labels to mark the status of an issue? With Bugzilla we had Confirmed, Incomplete, In Progress etc. I would like to have labels for status additionally to the existing labels.

* Who should be able to edit issues (e.g. adding labels)? According to Gitlab documentation [2] the Reporter role can do it. However the Reporter role also allows to see issues which are marked as confidentially.

* It would make sense to have templates for issues [3]. Has anyone already prepared this? Otherwise I will create one and submit a MR?

Cheers

[1] https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/ReportingBugs
[2] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/permissions.html
[3] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/description_templates.html