Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Cherry-picking, gitlab permissions

From: John Thacker <johnthacker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 08:58:05 -0400
The official Gitlab instructions (along with the still being transitioned developer's guide) mention the ability to cherry pick merges from the GUI:

Those buttons don't appear for me. I do see this bug about the cherry-pick button not appearing for projects set to fast-forward merge only, like wireshark:
but the workaround listed in that issue doesn't work for me either.

I suspect that it may also have to do with permission levels. Is the current workaround to do it from the command line? Are there plans to have people who are not core developers request get and various intermediate levels of permission? The "Reporter" level of permission seems to include only things that previously people could get by registering for Bugzilla, and some other features that people used to be able to do seem at the "Developer" level (though that also includes some higher level permissions too.)

John Thacker