Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Gitlab wiki search

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 10:35:23 -0500
https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark

Click Wiki (lower left)

https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/home

Search or jump to...  (upper right)

submitting patches

First result:

Code 3  Comments 0  Wiki 12  Commits 41  Users 0
Showing 12 wiki results for  submitting patches in project  Wireshark Foundation / wireshark

 Development/SubmittingPatches.md

Was not logged in to gitlab.

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 6:43 AM Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe I've missed something obvious, but there doesn't seem to be any way to search the GitLab Wireshark wiki.  I can get a 45 page tabinated list of all pages  with no hint of where in the alphabet page nnn might be and that's not friendly.

I'm trying to find the "Submitting Patches" page which is a sub page of Development.  Eventually I found Development on page 7 of the list and the actual page I wanted on page 8 of the list.

I've now figured out that the GitLab search defaults to showing me things from users, which had 0 results for "submitting patches" and I have to click the "bubble" for Wikis to see the 12 results all of which show diffs of the markdown but does actually have the page I want.

IMHO not really a wiki.

--
Graham Bloice